After we converse of the island of Palawan, generally what comes to thoughts to many individuals is the Puerto Princesa Underground River which made headlines when it was declared as one of many New 7 Wonders of Nature. However even earlier than then, Palawan has all the time been each Filipino’s dream vacation spot. Pristine white sand seashores, wealthy marine biodiversity, lusciuos rain forest, stunning mountains, spectacular limestone cliffs, the checklist may go on for days! And oh boy, who can resist that? These and each different good causes there’s to this island paved a bankable tourism economic system to the province and made Puerto Prinsesa the go-to metropolis of each vacationer who’s in search of to know what heaven is like.
So what precisely does Puerto Princesa have apart from being the gateway to its extra coveted neighbors Coron and El Nido?
Loads really. Whether or not you’re in it for journey and a rush of adrenaline or to merely sit back and search solace wrapped inside nature’s embrace, Puerto Prinsesa has all of it coated. What’s even higher is that this metropolis has all the things to suit your each want with out hurting your price range. Not ok? Then higher browse additional down.
HOW TO GO THERE
- From Luzon – Fly to Puerto Princesa from both Manila or Pampanga through Cebu Pacific, Phil Airways or Air Asia. These airways have occassional seat gross sales on going all 12 months spherical. For Mindoro, Romblon, Marinduque and Bicol space, ferryboat service could be one other various to go to Puerto Princesa.
- From Visayas – Fly to Puerto Princesa from Cebu, ILo-iLo or Kalibo (Boracay) through Cebu Pacific. Alternatively, you’ll be able to trip a ferryboat obtainable in every of those places.
- From Mindanao – Fly through Cebu Pacific to Puerto Princesa from Davao, Cagayan De Oro, Butuan and Zamboanga. Verify for availability of flights as they could be restricted.
SO WHY EXACTLY DID I SAY PUERTO PRINCESA HAS EVERYTHING? Wait til I let you know what you are able to do with solely a price range of P5000.
Throughout my earlier posts, I emphasize how I’m not actually into fancy lodging. However! There’s an enormous BUT! Right here in PPS, I was fully in awe how my P650 have come a great distance. Think about getting a great night time sleep in a room which feels precisely like house with a mattress that was large enough for two individuals with the AC in full blast. And what may very well be sweeter with waking up within the morning with a scrumptious omelet and toast and a cup of espresso for breakfast?! Yeah. All that for a value of P650 in Villa Travelista Travel Lodge. A Very Quiet place. 10 minutes away from the airport and all the things else (market, memento outlets and eating places). Owned and handle by a candy couple and their four ladies who will welcome you with open arms and make you are feeling like household.
(Select among the many following or mix 2-Three actions however nonetheless be conscious of your price range)
- Go on a metropolis tour. I extremely suggest you do town tour DIY type. Whether or not you do it using on a trike or driving your self on a motorcycle, it’s all the time nice as you personal your time and doesn’t have a schedule to observe. Come see the Immaculate Conception Cathedral, Butterfly Sanctuary and Crocodile Farm. Drive your method up to Baker’s Hill and delight your self with candy and attractive pastries. All these you are able to do for as little as P500.
- See the Puerto Princesa Subterranean River. Generally often called the “Underground River”, that is all the time price seeing when in Puerto Prinsesa. For a charge of P1200, you get your self to immerse with nature’s surprise, snigger at your tour information’s old style jokes together with the opposite vacationers and fill your tummy with a luxurious buffet for lunch.
- See the Estrella Falls. I simply love chasing waterfalls and Estrella Falls wasn’t the type to disappoint. Have a picnic whereas tuning in to the sound of water gushing down. This you are able to do with a price range of lower than P300.
- Go firefly watching. What may very well be extra romantic with a river tour dinner lit with 1000’s of fireflies? And even if you’re alone with nobody to maintain and heat you from the chilly starlit night time, that is nonetheless one superb expertise when in PPS. Delight your self whereas spending as little as P1000 for this tour.
- Go Island Hopping. Uncover paradise inside Honda Bay by hopping one island after the opposite. Many individuals would take organized excursions for Honda Bay that usually value P1000/particular person which features a buffet lunch. However you needn’t to go together with the gang. For a value of P1500, you and your pals (for those who introduced some) can lease a small boat and the boatman would function your information. If he’s within the temper, he may even get you some recent seafood and prepare dinner them for lunch.
- Meals Tripping. Crocodile Sisig and Tamilok are only a few unique dishes you’ll be able to attempt in Puerto Princesa. There are lots of good eating places round city and boy you’ll be shock how cheap they’re. Oh, ought to I additionally let you know to attempt Noki Noc’s finest tasting Halo-Halo? Yum!
For a extra complete checklist of the issues you are able to do while you’re in Puerto Princesa, go to my different publish 12 Things To Do in Puerto Princesa
- Quick meals chains. Jollibee, McDonalds, Chowking and even Razon’s. Puerto Princesa has all of your favourite quick meals chains obtainable inside your attain.
- Ugong Rock. Serves cheap however scrumptious dishes. Additionally good for hanging out to seize some beer and cocktails.
- Noki Nocs. Excellent for snacking. Well-known for its scrumptious Halo-Halo.
- Eateries and canteens. No want to fret for those who’re already working out of juice. You received’t have to starve or minimize your meal to save as for a value of P25, you will get your self a tasty chowfan rice obtainable within the many eateries scattered across the metropolis.
OTHER BUDGET HOTELS IN THE CITY
- Baragatan Inn. Junction 1, San Miguel Puerto Princesa. Charges begin at P300
- . Situated in 350 Rizal Avenue. Charges begin at P350.
- De Loro Inn. Situated in PEO Rd. Bancao-Bancao. Charges begin at P700
TIPS AND OTHER HELPFUL INFORMATION
- There are two sorts of tricycle service in Puerto Princesa, the airport and non-airport tricycle. Airport tricycle fare is P50 and it could take you wherever in PPS from the airport and vice versa. Non airport tricycle fare is P10 and may take you to and from wherever in PPS besides the airport.
- Terminal charge for all passengers departing PPS is P150.
- For scrumptious pastry deal with to convey house, Baker’s Hill is your best option. From the well-known hopia to chocolate crinkles and different candy favorites, you’ll be able to have all of it for as little as P30/field.
- When you love accumulating T-shirts and memento gadgets from totally different locations, you’ll be completely satisfied to know that T-shirts are bought for under P100-P130. Memento gadgets like small key chains and fridge magnets are bought for P25 apiece, native coin purse are for P30 and beaded purses and baggage are bought for P70-P250.
SUMMARY OF EXPENSES FOR
- 3D3NLodge (shared with my journey buddy) @ P650/night time – P975 for Three nights
- Underground River Tour – P1200
- Honda Bay Tour – P1000
- Iwahig Firefly Watching – P600 (DIY)
- Metropolis Tour – P200 (Rented a motorcycle)
- Meals and Drinks – P500
- Pasalubong – P500 (Baker’s Hill goodies, keychains and t-shirts)
- Terminal Price – P150
Complete – P4925/particular person
***2-way airfare per particular person was solely P600+ by way of Airsasia Pink Sizzling Sale of P0.25 base fare in August 25, 2014. This additionally was an 8-Day Palawan Journey however we spent the primary 5 days in El Nido. See my El Nido Budget Travel Guide for more information.
SAMPLE ITINERARY 3D2N (Following 24-hour format)
0900: Fly to Puerto Princesa
1000: Arrive in Puerto Princesa
1000 – 1130: Freshen Up. Verify in Lodge.Settle Things. Relaxation a bit
1130 – 1300: Lunch
1300 – 1700: Metropolis Tour (PPS Cathedral, Butterfly Sanctuary, Croc Farm, Baker’s Hill and so forth)
1700 – 1800: Dinner
1800 – 2000: Iwahig Firefly Watching
2100: Again to the Lodge
2200: Lights Out
0600: Wake Up Name
0630 – 0800: Freshen Up. Breakfast
0800 – 0830: Decide Up time – Honda Bay Tour
0830 – 1600: Honda Bay Tour/Dos Palmas Island Tour
1700: Again to the lodge. Relaxation. Bathe.
1800 – 1900: Dinner
1900 – 2100: Roam town
2200: Again to the lodge. Lights Out
0600: Wake Up Name
0630 – 0800: Freshen Up. Breakfast
0800 – 0830: Decide Up time – Underground River
0830 – 1400: Underground River Tour. Buffet Lunch. Different Actions
1400 – 1500: Store for Pasalubong
1600 – 1700: Again to the Lodge. Pack Up
1800: Fly again house
Took me time to end this. I hope I’ve written nearly all the things you may want for a clean Puerto Princesa escapade. I’m extra of a backpacker than a luxurious traveler but when there’s something you wanna ask me about, be at liberty to shoot me a message on the feedback field under. Additionally do verify my Budget Travel Guide for EL NIDO ever you additionally plan to go to this beautiful place. Thanks and See yah!! 🙂